Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
j?A! M!t(hE//'..... What did you expect? ....... What did you experience when you elated into the theater. This is what it's ...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
Silly me. Time gets away from you, y'know? In case you have inordinate amounts of time on your hands (like our fellow poet friend Peter,...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
My forebears, they were tall.
So very tall were they all.
Picking fruit in the Fall.
Yet rarely playing basketball.
by Turtle Shell
--------------------
This was this week's submission to the Commuter, and was written to this week's "Ancestry" or "Who am I?" prompt.
So very tall were they all.
Picking fruit in the Fall.
Yet rarely playing basketball.
by Turtle Shell
--------------------
This was this week's submission to the Commuter, and was written to this week's "Ancestry" or "Who am I?" prompt.
Labels:
Poems,
Turtle Shell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
In my mind this poem makes up the words in a very short and pointless children's book. Each page would have one sentence, and would be accompanied by a cute picture of tall people who all look related standing around, picking fruit off of trees, and not playing basketball.
Post a Comment