Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
There's going to be a Cherry Blossom Picnic (Hanami) hosted by the DAC on April 29, 2011. I don't know what that means, but the LBCC Poetry Club has agreed to write Tanka and/or Haikus for the event. So our first prompt is to write one or more tanka and/or haiku, the subject being I guess: earthquake/tsunami/radiation/relief, or thereabouts.
Our second, more normal prompt is from a poem by Ted Kooser which follows.
The Early Bird
Still dark, and raining hard
on a cold May morning
and yet the early bird
is out there chirping,
chirping its sweet-sour
wooden-pulley notes,
pleased, it would seem,
to be given work,
hauling the heavy pucket of dawn
up from the darkness,
note over note,
and letting us drink.
--------------------
The prompt specifically is: "pleased, it would seem, to be given work".
Our second, more normal prompt is from a poem by Ted Kooser which follows.
The Early Bird
Still dark, and raining hard
on a cold May morning
and yet the early bird
is out there chirping,
chirping its sweet-sour
wooden-pulley notes,
pleased, it would seem,
to be given work,
hauling the heavy pucket of dawn
up from the darkness,
note over note,
and letting us drink.
--------------------
The prompt specifically is: "pleased, it would seem, to be given work".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment