Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week.
Can You Tell?
by Danny Earl Simmons
I could tell you
but you
might have to kill
me
if I told you
I am one
flinch
after another
flinch
all day long
Why do I squint?
I am from space
I am from the between of things
jobs(I am)jobs
girlfriends(I am)girlfriends
apartments(I am)apartments
doctors(I am)doctors
rocks(I am)and hard places
I need
to tell
someone
I need
a gun.
Can You Tell?
by Danny Earl Simmons
I could tell you
but you
might have to kill
me
if I told you
I am one
flinch
after another
flinch
all day long
Why do I squint?
I am from space
I am from the between of things
jobs(I am)jobs
girlfriends(I am)girlfriends
apartments(I am)apartments
doctors(I am)doctors
rocks(I am)and hard places
I need
to tell
someone
I need
a gun.
Labels:
FoLBCC,
Poems,
Without telling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Will you be posting a link to the new http://www.flickr.com website here? I came by looking for it.
Post a Comment