Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
I cursed the snow from the curved out well of an ancient fir having just landed in the one tiny place lacking enough snow to cushion m...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Friday, February 25, 2011
I haven't been getting very many poetry submissions of late (probably due to all of our highly urgent projects, hopefully this will change in a week or two), so today I'm posting a couple of poems mostly unrelated to any actual "Club" activity.
Immediately below is something I rescued out of my ineptly-long-ignored spam-box, sent to me almost a month ago by a friend of the LBCC Poetry Club as a sort-of response to the waterfall painting poem posted several weeks back. A bit further down is a cold-weather wish offered up by some random student.
Gravity
by Danny Earl Simmons
It is the exact same gravity
that mercilessly drags
the Niagara into a rumbling
sockdolager of a natural wonder
as puckishly pulls the pacifier
from my baby boy’s drowsy lips
the second we drift into sleep.
I liked gravity better on the honeymoon.
Immediately below is something I rescued out of my ineptly-long-ignored spam-box, sent to me almost a month ago by a friend of the LBCC Poetry Club as a sort-of response to the waterfall painting poem posted several weeks back. A bit further down is a cold-weather wish offered up by some random student.
Gravity
by Danny Earl Simmons
It is the exact same gravity
that mercilessly drags
the Niagara into a rumbling
sockdolager of a natural wonder
as puckishly pulls the pacifier
from my baby boy’s drowsy lips
the second we drift into sleep.
I liked gravity better on the honeymoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment