Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Sunday, November 14, 2010
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the following poem.



------------------------------

Words, Wide Night


Somewhere on the other side of this wide night
and the distance between us, I am thinking of you.
The room is turning slowly away from the moon.

This is pleasurable. Or shall I cross that out and say
it is sad? In one of the tenses I singing
an impossible song of desire you cannot hear.

La lala la. See? I close my eyes and imagine the dark hills I would have to cross
to reach you. For I am in love with you

and this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words.

Carol Ann Duffy

1 comments:

Weeping phrophet said...

The eyes of my lover are spacial, sparkling superb azul and at times I get lost as in the bottom of a mountain pool. Her words are cool and exude jasmine and lavender Her palaver enchants me greets me and invites me. I can't quite see what there is to see in me but in she I feel more me. The mouth of my companion knows no equal, expression is as honey on her lips and drips
The secrets of heaven and I alone am privy as if they are all for me. And it saddens me that I can not do this intimate justice, so I suppose that lovely, majestic and Tantalizing must suffice, although they can not.....