Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(27)
-
▼
November
(22)
- No Cigar
- I T I N W O R D S It is my fa...
- Next time.......
- ...had to be there.....
- Of Sky and Sea
- Childhood Revisited
- First Lesson
- Basementality
- What did you expect?
- Rapture
- Solid Ground
- A Thankful Word
- Friends
- Next Time
- First Lesson
- This Friendship
- Next Time
- What it is like in words
- Next time, what I'd do
- Important.
- Suddenly I understood that I am happy
- What I Wish I'd Learned Sooner
-
▼
November
(22)
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
November 6, 2010
Solid Ground
We look up to bare branches
in a grey sky
the last of the leaves
too weak to let go.
We know where we’re headed
We know how to brace ourselves
We don’t intend to fall
So we laugh at the empty sky
The path curves up from the river
crackle of dry leaves underfoot
and the urge to stomp
and the urge to cry out
and the holding on.
When suddenly grace find us
A riot of red leaves
shock of beauty soft as rose petals
too delicate for sound
All’s a giddy shimmer a dazzle
Yes
then the letting go
and hitting solid ground.
Solid Ground
We look up to bare branches
in a grey sky
the last of the leaves
too weak to let go.
We know where we’re headed
We know how to brace ourselves
We don’t intend to fall
So we laugh at the empty sky
The path curves up from the river
crackle of dry leaves underfoot
and the urge to stomp
and the urge to cry out
and the holding on.
When suddenly grace find us
A riot of red leaves
shock of beauty soft as rose petals
too delicate for sound
All’s a giddy shimmer a dazzle
Yes
then the letting go
and hitting solid ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment