Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week is "Who am I?" (And why do I have the sudden urge to listen to Les Mis?) Some ideas that were bandied about today as to how someone might want to trim that massive question into something manageable, were to focus on ancestry, or inheritance, or legacy, or perhaps to find a descriptive metaphor with which to approximate oneself.
Also, Wednesday, April 13 is the Words & Pictures reception and readings from 12 to 1 in the South Santiam Hall (SSH) gallery. This is the exhibit of all those photos we were frantically writing poems for last term. Be there or be a total failure to the poetry club and in life (and also your mother probably never loved you)!
Also, Wednesday, April 13 is the Words & Pictures reception and readings from 12 to 1 in the South Santiam Hall (SSH) gallery. This is the exhibit of all those photos we were frantically writing poems for last term. Be there or be a total failure to the poetry club and in life (and also your mother probably never loved you)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment