Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
For club members who wish to read a poem at the upcoming (Thursday, March 10, 2011 @ 7:30PM) choir concert, the due date for submission of your work is Tuesday, February 22.  Remember, we want one to one-and-a-half minutes long, and language suitable for general audiences.


I feel a little weird that the singers get have to sing songs written by others, but we poets are expected get to use our own original work at this event. It is of course a great honor and privilege, but I'm worrying about whether or not I'll be capable of writing anything worthy of reciting to a potentially sold-out auditorium. If I were allowed to just memorize and perform Annabel Lee (for example) I would at least know that I had material to share that's worthy of such attention. But will anything I've written or will write be worthy to take up the time of such a crowd? Oh well. It might be. I've still got time to work on it.

0 comments: