Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Tuesday, January 4, 2011
"What will you do when you become a top executive in a large company?" my textbook asks me, deadpan.

The topic is Business Ethics.
The question is not entirely facetious,
And the presumption is enormous.

When I become a top executive in a large company...
Is that who I'll be?
Is that who I am?
I should know the answer to this, if anyone should.

Should I dream up an exciting future for myself,
Call it a goal, and in so doing, in that instant,
Resign myself to the sacrifice of all other conflicting dreams?

Am I arrogant enough to call my goals expectations?
No. I've made that mistake before.

So, who will I be? Who will I become?
Sometimes I have to be okay with the answer,
'I don't know.'

--------------------------

By Turtle Shell

0 comments: