Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
I
algid daggers of night
slice me from dreams
into dark reality
numb fingers fumble,
feeling for time
among shed comforts
brumal floor touches toes,
feet flee, phantasmal
memories muffling breathe
II
woken by the absence
of the human flame
that flickered away
joints crackle, breaking
dawn's fickle grasp
upon robins' racket
flocculent fleece flows
from my chilled bones
to your slumbering chest
III
eyes flutter to fantasy
of warmth and safety,
leaving sleep behind
hands still entwined
among soft sheets
pulsing with sanctuary
silent exhales' lullaby
leaves a silken trance;
hearts rest in time
-Eliot Kurfman
algid daggers of night
slice me from dreams
into dark reality
numb fingers fumble,
feeling for time
among shed comforts
brumal floor touches toes,
feet flee, phantasmal
memories muffling breathe
II
woken by the absence
of the human flame
that flickered away
joints crackle, breaking
dawn's fickle grasp
upon robins' racket
flocculent fleece flows
from my chilled bones
to your slumbering chest
III
eyes flutter to fantasy
of warmth and safety,
leaving sleep behind
hands still entwined
among soft sheets
pulsing with sanctuary
silent exhales' lullaby
leaves a silken trance;
hearts rest in time
-Eliot Kurfman
Labels:
Poems
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment