Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
The prompt for next week is: "one of the hundred ways to praise". Supposedly from something I don't currently have a copy of, written by Oregon's Poet Laureate, Paulann Peterson.
We also have a tentative preliminary prompt for the week after next (sorry Whitney, this is what happens when you're out sick). We will be (celebrating? commemorating? evangelizing?) reading/performing on the subject of the free speech movement in the Hotshot at 3 as usual on April 19. More focused attention may be given to the topics of: 1) the responsibility associated with the right of free speech, and 2) the importance of acting as well as speaking.
And lastly, save the date: April 22. I forget why.
We also have a tentative preliminary prompt for the week after next (sorry Whitney, this is what happens when you're out sick). We will be (celebrating? commemorating? evangelizing?) reading/performing on the subject of the free speech movement in the Hotshot at 3 as usual on April 19. More focused attention may be given to the topics of: 1) the responsibility associated with the right of free speech, and 2) the importance of acting as well as speaking.
And lastly, save the date: April 22. I forget why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment