Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger.

Categories

Friday, February 25, 2011
I haven't been getting very many poetry submissions of late (probably due to all of our highly urgent projects, hopefully this will change in a week or two), so today I'm posting a couple of poems mostly unrelated to any actual "Club" activity.

Immediately below is something I rescued out of my ineptly-long-ignored spam-box, sent to me almost a month ago by a friend of the LBCC Poetry Club as a sort-of response to the waterfall painting poem posted several weeks back.  A bit further down is a cold-weather wish offered up by some random student.


Gravity
by Danny Earl Simmons

It is the exact same gravity
that mercilessly drags
the Niagara into a rumbling
sockdolager of a natural wonder
as puckishly pulls the pacifier
from my baby boy’s drowsy lips
the second we drift into sleep.
I liked gravity better on the honeymoon.

0 comments: