Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
I cursed the snow from the curved out well of an ancient fir having just landed in the one tiny place lacking enough snow to cushion m...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Monday, October 7, 2013
Hello all!
Once again we have started a new school year, and Poetry Club is back up and running! On Tuesdays we meet at 3:00 pm in the Hot Shot Cafe on the Albany campus. Wednesdays the Benton Center club meets at 5:30 pm in the conference room.
Lots of exciting and creatively driven projects are happening this year, so stay tuned! On this blog I often post weekly poems and prompts, original work from club members, upcoming literary events, and submission opportunities. I'll also be keeping you up-to-date on everything LBCC and Poetry Club related!
Let the writing begin!
Kiera Lynn
LBCC Student Poet Laureate
“I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
Alive
with closed eyes
to dash against darkness”
-E.E. Cummings
Once again we have started a new school year, and Poetry Club is back up and running! On Tuesdays we meet at 3:00 pm in the Hot Shot Cafe on the Albany campus. Wednesdays the Benton Center club meets at 5:30 pm in the conference room.
Lots of exciting and creatively driven projects are happening this year, so stay tuned! On this blog I often post weekly poems and prompts, original work from club members, upcoming literary events, and submission opportunities. I'll also be keeping you up-to-date on everything LBCC and Poetry Club related!
Let the writing begin!
Kiera Lynn
LBCC Student Poet Laureate
“I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
Alive
with closed eyes
to dash against darkness”
-E.E. Cummings
Labels:
Benton Center,
Information,
LBCC,
Poetry Club,
Poets,
Quotes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment