Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
This is just a quick reminder of the PoetryWall
at the LBCC Library. Our library is sponsoring the space (next to the
Library Reading Room) and the materials (whiteboards and pens) and our
Poetry Club is providing themes and recording and archiving your
submissions. What we need is YOU and your "gaiety of language."
Consider it poetry improv and bring your classes. Or drop by yourself.
It's fun!!! This week's theme: Curiosity....
Here's a little gem from e.e. cummings:
since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;
while Spring is in the world
my blood approve,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
-- the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says
we are for each other: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph
And death i think is no parenthesis
Labels:
A Word From Robin,
Exhibits,
LBCC,
Poems,
Poetry Wall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment