Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
After far too long being too busy with other things, we finally have a regular weekly poetry prompt again. The prompt itself for next week i...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Untitled, by Mira Mason-Reader
To touch
And smell-
Hard, finger fumes
Extending up ankle,
Past calf
On soft hills
With small beaten paths.
Air- or breath
Eroding away
Landscape
And hair meant to be kept
Keeping
To tender thoughts
On the balls of my feet.
No road can be too traveled
So, press harder
With your tires in my earth...
And there is no wildlife left
On these tired, tired hills
None to shoo away
The too tender caress
Of gods
Wrath-
But life lives in lips
On lips
That belong to you
And sweet as they are (like sap from sad trees)
They bring both day and night,
Dark and light,
To illuminate
The very phases
Of my grass gone missing, my tire treads
That your hands smooth back
To deep earth....
You look with your mouth, and see
Only things I thought were gone
Like green grass, blue skies,
And I do not question your lies,
I speak to you in smiles and sighs
And drape my landscapes in your skin
For safe keeping,
And possibly,
Restoration.
To touch
And smell-
Hard, finger fumes
Extending up ankle,
Past calf
On soft hills
With small beaten paths.
Air- or breath
Eroding away
Landscape
And hair meant to be kept
Keeping
To tender thoughts
On the balls of my feet.
No road can be too traveled
So, press harder
With your tires in my earth...
And there is no wildlife left
On these tired, tired hills
None to shoo away
The too tender caress
Of gods
Wrath-
But life lives in lips
On lips
That belong to you
And sweet as they are (like sap from sad trees)
They bring both day and night,
Dark and light,
To illuminate
The very phases
Of my grass gone missing, my tire treads
That your hands smooth back
To deep earth....
You look with your mouth, and see
Only things I thought were gone
Like green grass, blue skies,
And I do not question your lies,
I speak to you in smiles and sighs
And drape my landscapes in your skin
For safe keeping,
And possibly,
Restoration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment