Popular Posts
-
I'm not just here for a visit This world is where I live Earth is where I keep all my stuff
-
Escape is such a thankful Word I often in the Night Consider it unto myself No spectacle in sight Escape — it is the Basket In which t...
-
October 31, 2010 First Lesson You know the line where ocean meets sky just past all we know deep waters and the pull of darkness to...
-
I T I N W O R D S It is my favorite word, It describes everything, It is used by me in place of all big words, It i...
-
The prompt for poems to write by November 16 is the line: "this is what it is like. Or what it is like in words." from the followi...
-
Next Tuesday's meeting will be in NSH-209 again. Once again we have no prompt, but those who intend to submit a poem for reading at the...
-
The club today voted to send Dan Simmon's poem as our submission to the Commuter this week. Can You Tell? by Danny Earl Simmons I...
-
A Nathan is a name that claims the bearer is a gift from god. As if that were more true for them than any other random clod. While pompous...
-
Hello all, The deadline for the "Words and Pictures" photo/poem exhibit poetry submissions is Tuesday, March 1 before noon. He...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Powered by Blogger.
Categories
- Poems (83)
- Prompts (43)
- Photos (9)
- Choir (6)
- Commentary (6)
Monday, November 7, 2011
Hello everyone! These last few weeks I had been so on top of the blog, and then this week it didn't even come into my head as a thought. I hate when that happens.
Well, anyways, the poetry club has been flourishing! We seem to have a new person every week and we definitely have no shortage of talent.
Our prompt for this week is pretending.
And with pretending, a poem emerges;
Portraits
By Mark Irwin
Mother came to visit today. We
Hadn't seen each other in years. Why didn't
You call? I asked. Your windows are filthy, she said. I know,
I know. It's from the dust and rain. She stood outside.
I stood in, and we cleaned each one that way, staring into eachother's eyes,
Rubbing the white towel over our faces, rubbing
Away hours, years. This is what it was like
When you were inside me, she said. What? I asked,
Though I understood. Afterward, indoors, she smelled like snow
Melting. Holding hands we stood by the picture window,
Gazing into the December sun, watching the pines in flame.
Well, anyways, the poetry club has been flourishing! We seem to have a new person every week and we definitely have no shortage of talent.
Our prompt for this week is pretending.
And with pretending, a poem emerges;
Portraits
By Mark Irwin
Mother came to visit today. We
Hadn't seen each other in years. Why didn't
You call? I asked. Your windows are filthy, she said. I know,
I know. It's from the dust and rain. She stood outside.
I stood in, and we cleaned each one that way, staring into eachother's eyes,
Rubbing the white towel over our faces, rubbing
Away hours, years. This is what it was like
When you were inside me, she said. What? I asked,
Though I understood. Afterward, indoors, she smelled like snow
Melting. Holding hands we stood by the picture window,
Gazing into the December sun, watching the pines in flame.
Labels:
Prompts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment